Saturday, July 31, 2010
Week Ten: Stratification IV: Race and Ethnicity
After reading the information on Japanese Americans in internment camps I was discussing it with my mom and realized that while we look at things in our country's past and think that they were terrible and we will never let them happen again...when we think about it things like this are very much still a problem today. I think that genocide in all areas is wrong, and I believe everyone would agree with that statement, but when someone asks the question what are we doing to stop it....there is never a real answer. I think that until we all make a direct decision to not live with the possibility of genocide we will never fix the problem. This is why concentration camps still exist, and why genocide in Africa is never stopped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment